QMI’s Quality Assurance Lab is isolated in a temperature-controlled room, where the latest technoloies are utilized: Three coordinate measuring machines (CMMs), two programmable and one manual machine, a Z-mic, a Federal Formscan, a Keyence Vision System, optical comparators, thread gaging and surface finish testers, to name a few. QMI’s qualified QC inspectors possess an eye for detail, knowledge of their jobs and company processes.
In-process inspection is performed on parts between machining operations as required, or as specified by the part’s job routing. Our advanced inspection capabilities give us the opportunity to contract inspection as a service to you in addition to our CNC machining.
The following capabilities ensure ultimate quality assurance:
• ISO 9001:2015 Certification
• CMM capability, manual and programmable
• Statistical Process Control
• CNC CPK capability
• PPAP (Part Production Approval Process)
• First Article Test (FAT)
• First Article Acceptance Test (FAAT)
• Process FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Anaylsis)
• Control plans
• Tool Fixturing Program and Gage Calibration
• Gage Software
• Environmentally controlled lab
• Special customer requirements